BIG DIVE 2020 – Module 2 “Machine and Deep Learning intensive”
5-day full-time course completed by Nicola Politi on October 16th, 2020.
Core topics by ISI:
- Machine Learning algorithms with Sklearn
- Statistical Learning Theory with practical exercises
- Neural Networks and Backpropagation
- Building from scratch and training neural networks with TensorFlow and Keras
- Brief history of Deep Learning, with focus on Computer Vision
- Building from scratch and training deep convolutional NNs with TensorFlow and Keras
- Transfer Learning: feature extraction and fine-tuning
- Machine Learning Explainability by Nexi
- Training Deep Learning Models and HPC4AI by Unito
- Machine Learning in forecasting by Glovo
BIG DIVE 2020 – Module 3 “Communicating and Visualizing Data”
5-day full-time course completed by Nicola Politi on November 20th, 2020.
Core topics by TODO:
- Foundations and best practices of information theory and data communication applied to a data project.
- Understanding the different Data Visualization approaches
- Coding for DataViz with D3.js programming paradigm
- Introduction to Vega Framework
- Prototyping effective data visualizations following the design process and best practices of data visualization theory
- Data Communication by TOP-IX
- Open Data and DataViz by Sheldon Studio
- Visualizing Data and case studies by Accurat